Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm such a silly duffer. After i went to the half price sale at the op shop in the 2ND last week of December i said i wouldn't go again until 2009. But i sort of only remembered the other day that practically none of them open until mid Jan so I'm with out op shopping for another few weeks. Absolute torture.It's not the fact i need more clothes, which i don't but I'll still buy them. :)

It's more the fact that I'm re-decorating my room and I'm trying to make it reflect me even more. At the moment i have a turquoise feature wall which i still love but i want to change it to a pale pink. Because I'm pretty girly and its just more me at this stage in my life.



We're off to IKEA today this is what i want well actually i do sort of need it and I'm good and convincing :)
  • White bookcase
  • White bedhead. (i have no bedhead for my bed)
  • White Desk (I only have some crappy old table desk thing)
  • White and pink fairy lights. (I want these wrapped around my bed head, down my cupboards and if its possible around the top of my room.
  • A pink lamp. (A vintage style one if i can find one.)
  • Something to store all my bags.
  • Pink bedsheets (except you cant get them from IKEA i don't think)
  • White bedside table.
  • Full Length mirror.
  • White table mirror

So basically i just want a theme of pink, white, vintagey and girly. With lots of fairly lights and pink lamps and crystal handles. Thinking about it now my room is going to be really girly but i think it will suit me with my piles of magazines and trinkets and my soon to start collection of teapots. I have a pretty massive obsession with the colours cream, peach and pink. So I'm definitely incorporating that. As well as my massive love for books. I plant to expand my library a lot when i have my own little bookcase.

Wow talking about this so much has made me really excited. Considering i ha vent posted an outfit post or something of the like in ages I'm going to share some famous people that inspire me.
But its not just fashion inspiration its everything.



bridgitte bardot



molly ringwald


france gall



jane birkin



twiggy






mischa barton


chloe sevingy

katharine hepburn



marilyn monroe


anna wintour
That was a fairly long post.
Well must run now.
wish me luck for braving IKEA :)
honey and lemon


2 comments:

peaitlreiecnia said...

great list!

and i bet your room looks fabulous

happy (slightly late) new years!
:)

Trish Hunter said...

How did you go at ikea?? Its so overwhelming there! So much to look at.
Sounds like a great theme!! I hope you take photos :)

PS: I too don't have a bedhead :(